Dapagliflozin and metformin are used with a healthy diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes. It is also used to reduce the chances of going to the hospital for heart problems in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart disease or other heart risk factors. This medicine helps reduce the chances of heart failure patients dying or needing to go to the hospital for heart problems.
Dapagliflozin and metformin together help reduce the chances of kidney disease getting worse, kidney failure, heart-related death and hospitalization for heart failure in people with long-term kidney problems.
Dapagliflozin helps the kidneys stop glucose (sugar) from being absorbed into the body. This helps to reduce the amount of sugar in the blood. Metformin helps your body take in less sugar from food and use it better. It also helps reduce the release of stored sugar from the liver. It does not work for patients with insulin-dependent or type 1 diabetes. Insulin injections are required for those with type 1 diabetes.
How To Use Dapagliflozin & Metformin Tablet?
- Please read the instructions that come with your medicine before you start taking it and every time you get more.Ask your pharmacist or doctor anything you don’t understand.
- Take this medicine with food in the morning, as your doctor tells you, usually once a day. ” Take the pills without breaking or chewing them. Don’t break or bite the tablets. This can make all the medicine come out at the same time, which can make the side effects worse.
- The amount of medicine you take depends on your health, how you respond to treatment, and any other drugs you are using. Make sure you let your doctor and pharmacist know about all the things you are using, like prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, and herbal products. To lower the chance of having bad reactions (like stomach ache, feeling sick, and throwing up), your doctor may tell you to begin taking this medicine with a small amount and slowly take more.
- Make sure to take this medicine every day to get the best results. To help you remember, take the medicine at the same time every day.
- Let your doctor know if you don’t feel better or if you feel worse (like if your blood sugar is too high or too low).
Benefits Of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Tablet
Here are some good things about Dapagliflozin and Metformin tablets:
Managing blood sugar: Dapagliflozin and Metformin tablets help adults with type 2 diabetes control their blood sugar levels better. Dapagliflozin helps stop the kidneys from taking in too much glucose, while Metformin reduces how much glucose the liver makes and helps the body use insulin better.
Managing weight: Some people may lose weight while taking Dapagliflozin. It helps the body get rid of extra sugar through pee, which can make you lose weight.
Cardiovascular benefits: People with type 2 diabetes may get heart benefits from taking Dapagliflozin and Metformin tablets. Research has proven that they can lower the chance of being sent to the hospital for heart problems in adults with type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Dapagliflozin helps lower the chance of dying from heart problems and being hospitalized for heart failure in people with type 2 diabetes and heart failure with reduced ejection fraction.
Protecting the kidneys: Dapagliflozin and Metformin pills may help lower the chance of kidney disease getting worse in adults with type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease.
Side Effects Of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Tablet
- Urinary tract infection
- Genital fungal infection
Precautions Of Dapagliflozin & Metformin Tablet
- You have been given this medicine that has two things in it, because it can help control your blood sugar better than just taking metformin.
- It also lowers the chance of having a heart attack, heart failure, or other heart problems.
- Keep exercising, eat healthy, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Dapagliflozin + Metformin.
- Eat it with a meal to reduce your chances of getting a stomachache.
- Dapagliflozin + Metformin together can lead to urinary tract infections. Remember to drink lots of water and keep your private area clean.
- It may make your body lose too much water (dehydration) or make you need to pee more often. Drink lots of water to stay healthy and avoid getting dehydrated.
- Mixing this medication with other diabetes drugs, alcohol, or not eating on time can make your blood sugar drop very low.
- Always have some sweet food or fruit juice with you in case you feel symptoms of low blood sugar like sweating, pale skin, shaking, or feeling worried.