IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection belongs to the class of medication known as haematinics or iron replacement products, which is primarily used to treat iron deficiency anaemia in people with long-term kidney diseases. It is a condition in which the body does not have enough red blood cells for carrying adequate oxygen required to various body tissues due to insufficient iron. It is a nutritional supplement required by the red blood cells to carry oxygen to other body cells and tissues and works by restoring the iron levels in the body which also improves the quality of blood by increasing levels of haemoglobin and red blood cells. Your doctor will decide the dosage based on your medical situation or in some cases, it may cause side effects like muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, taste changes, diarrhoea, constipation, headache, cough, back pain, etc.
Uses of IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection:
This medicine is used to treat iron-poor blood in people with long-term kidney diseases or you may need extra iron because of blood loss during kidney dialysis. It may also need more iron if you use the drug erythropoietin to help make new red cells, iron is an important part of your red blood cells and is needed to transport oxygen in the body. Many patients with kidney disease cannot get enough iron from food and they need an IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection.
Side Effects of IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection:
- Muscle cramps, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, and or swelling in arms or legs, you may experience, or if these symptoms get worse you need medical attention immediately.
- Dizziness or fainting may occur while you are receiving iron and may be helped by giving the medicine more slowly or at a lower dose. Follow all the doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Remember that this injection has been directed because your doctor knows the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have any serious side effects, including chest pain, abdominal pain, irregular heartbeat, pressure in the chest, severe headache and hypertension, etc.
How to use IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection:
- This injection is given into a vein as directed by your doctor or it is usually given slowly over two minutes or as prescribed by your healthcare professionals. This drug can also be mixed in a saline solution and given through an IV over a long period of time.
- Your dosage of treatment is based on your medical situation, age, and response to treatment. Your doctor will do laboratory tests to monitor your medical condition.
- If you are using this injection at home, learn all preparation and usage instructions from your doctor. Before using, check this medication visually for particles or discoloration or if either is present, do not use the liquid.
- Using this injection, while you are pregnant can harm your unborn baby, or if you think you have become pregnant while consuming this medication, consult with your doctor immediately.
- Dizziness and light-headedness may occur if you use the IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection, so make sure you know how to react before you drive, use machines or do anything else.
- Consult with your healthcare professionals right away if you become sick while taking this medicine, especially with severe vomiting or nausea.
- Do not take other medicines unless they have been discussed with your doctor or pharmacist, especially non-prescription medicines like cough, and fever, since they may have increased your blood pressure.
Store IRON SUCROSE 100MG injection at room temperature away from moisture, direct heat, and sunlight. Keep out of the reach of the sight of children.
IRON SUCROSE 100MG Manufacturer and Supplier:
SKG Internationals is the most trusted name and PCD pharma franchise across India. This PCD pharma franchise makes you your own boss in your area and gives you all the monopoly rights and we are progressively and continuously working to expand their reach throughout India by adding new distributors and franchisers. We believe that everyone should have access to the best possible healthcare, and that they work hard to provide quality products and services at reasonable rates.