Fenofibrate is a medicine that, when used with a diet to reduce cholesterol, helps lower high levels of cholesterol and fatty acids in the blood. It helps to break down and remove triglycerides from the blood.
Fibrates like fenofibrate can lower some types of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood, but they don’t seem to reduce the risk of heart problems or death, even when taken with statins.
Fenofibrate helps to lower high levels of triglycerides and cholesterol in the body.
Fenofibrate helps to lower fats in the blood. It helps to reduce triglyceride and bad cholesterol levels and increase good cholesterol levels.
How To Use Fenofibrate Tablets
- Follow the instructions given by your doctor and take fenofibrate as directed. Make sure to follow the instructions on your prescription and read all the information that comes with your medication. Your doctor may occasionally prescribe a different dosage for you to take.
- Some types of fenofibrate should be eaten with food so your body can absorb the medicine better. You can take other brands with or without food. Read and follow the instructions on your medicine bottle.
- Take the pill or capsule without breaking it or chewing it.
- You may have to get tests from the doctor often. Even if you feel fine, tests can show if the medicine is working.
- Fenofibrate is just one part of a full treatment plan that might also include eating healthy, exercising, controlling weight, and taking other medications. Make sure to stick to your diet, take your medication, and do your exercise regularly.
- Keep in a place that’s not too hot or too cold, and away from water, and bright light.
Benefits Of Fenofibrate Tablets
Fenofibrate tablets are a kind of medicine that helps with lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the blood. They are members of a class of medications known as “fibrates.” There are a few positive benefits to fenofibrate tablets:
Cholesterol Management: Fenofibrate tablets can help lower the bad LDL cholesterol and raise the “good” HDL cholesterol to lower the chance of heart disease and stroke.
Lowering Triglycerides: Fenofibrate tablets can help reduce high levels of triglycerides in the blood, which is important for reducing the risk of pancreatitis and heart problems.
Cardiovascular Health: Having healthy levels of cholesterol and triglycerides can help your heart stay strong. Taking fenofibrate tablets can help with this and lower your chances of getting heart disease.
Metabolic Syndrome: Fenofibrate tablets may help people with metabolic syndrome, a group of health problems that raise the chances of heart disease, stroke, and type 2 diabetes.
Side Effects Of Fenofibrate Tablets
- Increased liver enzymes
- Abdominal pain
- Back pain
- Increased creatine phosphokinase (CPK) level in blood
- Inflammation of the nose
Precautions Of Fenofibrate Tablets
- It must be eaten with food.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages when using this medication.
- Your doctor may check how well your liver is working before you begin treatment and keep checking it regularly after that. Tell your doctor if you feel really tired, have no appetite, or if your eyes, skin or urine are yellow.
- Tell your doctor if you have muscle pain, tenderness, cramps, or weakness while taking Fenofibrate, especially if you also have a fever.
- Always talk to your doctor before stopping Fenofibrate, even if you start feeling better.