Sitagliptin is a medicine for type 2 diabetes. It makes your body produce more insulin to lower your blood sugar level. This medicine comes in a pill that you can swallow with water as told.
Sitagliptin helps to control blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. It helps by boosting insulin in your body, which lowers your blood sugar. It also lowers the amount of sugar that goes into your blood. Diet and exercise changes are often used with this medication.
How To Use Sitagliptin Tablets
- Before you start taking sitagliptin and every time you get more medicine, read the directions from your pharmacist. If you don’t understand something, just ask your doctor or pharmacist.
- Take this medicine with or without food, as told by your doctor, usually once a day.
- The amount of medication you need depends on your health, how well your kidneys are working, and how you are responding to treatment. Do Remember to take this medicine every day so it can help you the most. Remember, you should take it at the same time every day. Make sure to do what the doctor said about taking your medicine, eating the right foods, and doing exercises.
- Make sure to test your blood sugar as often as your doctor tells you to. Monitor the results and tell your doctor about them. Inform your doctor if your blood sugar levels are too high or too low. Your medicine may need to be adjusted.
Benefits Of Sitagliptin Tablets
Sitagliptin tablets are helpful because they:
Blood Sugar Control: Sitagliptin helps control blood sugar by increasing the hormones that release insulin and reducing the hormones that produce glucose.
Managing weight: Sitagliptin, unlike other diabetes medications, does not cause weight gain.
Heart health benefits: Some research has shown that sitagliptin might be good for the heart, by lowering the chance of heart problems in people with diabetes.
Protecting kidneys: Sitagliptin can help keep the kidneys healthy in people with diabetes.
Easy dosing: Sitagliptin comes in a pill and is usually taken once a day, which makes it easy for a lot of people.
Side Effects Of Sitagliptin Tablets
- Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level)
- Pancreatic inflammation
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the throat and nasal passages)
Precautions Of Sitagliptin Tablets
- Take Sitagliptin at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- It might make your blood sugar level too low if you take it with other diabetes medicines, drink alcohol, or skip a meal.
- Always have some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you start feeling shaky, sweaty, or anxious because of low blood sugar.
- Be careful when driving or using machines until you know how Sitagliptin affects you.
- Tell your doctor if your joints hurt or if you start feeling stomach pain, nausea, or vomiting.